(1) I think it would be great to be able to export a spec out into a JSON format for other tools/libraries to be able to make use of.
(2) Additionally as a way of having local saved files of the system sketches. (SPEC format?)
(3) Or if a tool/library generated a new or modified an existing system sketch
(4) Having a library (available on NPM) to generate sketches
(5) Having a library to render sketches
(6) Service Workers (https://serviceworke.rs/) have good, wide browser support now, having an offline version of the web app would be great
(7) To be honest, I’d really, really, really love an Electron version of this tool
(8) Bonus points for an Electron app that can do stuff like interacting with other tools, e.g. import designs from Sketch
All in all, these are all ideas to make this a power tool. If you had all of these ideas, you’d have something truly impressive: I could get all my designers on board, I could build tools to make our lives easier, I could see myself and others using this.
This would be a step forward, like with https://spiritapp.io/ towards real, meaningful, tooling of a Design System.